I dont see why so much hype about price for audio rights.... Its all
business... Do our boss's music need money value? We know how his
masterpieces are invaluable... So nephew or not, rajni or not (with
all due respect), let the showbiz aside, focus on real values....

Niven

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Thulasi Ram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ok, here is the REAL deal. see below.. its jus because one man called
> Rajnikanth.. no one else.. hope everyone get this point.
>
> *So, no one is "trouncing" ARR and ARR can never be trounced
(atleast for
> those who believe in it).*
>
> The name Rajinikanth sells.
>
> The audio of *Kuselan*, a film that he is doing a special appearance has
> gone for a record price in Tamil music business.
>
> The audio after a bidding war has been snapped up by Big Music, an Anil
> Dhirubhai Ambani group company for a new record high of Rs 2.25 crore.
>
> The film has music by the comparatively new music director G.V Prakash.
>
> *According to an music industry spokesperson- " G.V Prakash's
Kuselan has
> got an higher price for audio rights much more than what his uncle A.R
> Rahman's Sivaji fetched. It is only because of the magic of Rajinikanth
> nothing else."*
>
> *Kuselan* has five songs, with a Daler Mehendi number being the
highlight.
> The others who have rendered their voice for the album include Shankar
> Mahadevan, Kailash Kher, Shriya Ghosal and Hariharan.
>
> The audio will be launched on June 30 Friday in Chennai by Big Music.
>
> http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14693735
>

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> >   Big Music gets Kuselan audio for Rs 2.25 crore - record price
> > Published by Mitr June 14th, 2008 in Actors , Movies , Rajni kanth
> >
> > Kuselan's audio which is composed by the G V Prakash have fetched
a new
> > record price of Rs 2.25 crores, even more than what what his uncle A R
> > Rahman's Sivaji fetched.
> >
> > Big Music, an Anil Dhirubhai Ambani group( ADAG) company has
bidded the
> > audio rights of Kuselan for a whoping of Rs 2.25 crore.
> >
> > Rajini's Kuselan has five songs � Daler Mehendi, Shankar
Mahadevan, Kailash
> > Kher, Shriya Ghosal and Hariharan have rendered their voice for
Kuselan.

http://www.extramirchi.com/movies/big-music-gets-kuselan-audio-for-rs-225-crore-record-price/