From: Joe D'Souza [mailto:jdso...@shyle.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:59 PM
To: ARS Discussion List
Subject: OT: Sort of.. Tools for testing WSDL's

I generally use SoapUA or SoapSonar (both freewares) and a colleague who is
a BizTalk consultant told me of a tool called Actional Diagnostics belonging
to PROGRESS software. It seems to have a pretty neat and a more user
friendly interface. Has anyone used this before, on the same machine as
where the Dev Studio is installed and had any issues with the JVM's of each
other fighting each other for resources?

I have only 4 GB on the laptop provided to me by my customer, and since both
the Remedy Development Studio and Actional Diagnostics create an instance of
JVM, I want to be prepared for them clashing with each other for resources
which is why I thought I'd put this out here to the list and ask you'll if
any of you'll used both these tools together.

I'm installing that tool even as I write this email, and the first thing I
would be doing after the install is look for a potential configuration file
that may initiate the JVM for Actional Diagnostics, and trim down the
startup and max memory on it so as to give my dev studio more, but if there
is more that can be done to avoid any potential resource clashes, I would
like to know about it.

I appreciate any comments on your experience on using the two tools together
at the same time from the same machine.

Cheers

Joe