--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have the ordinance. I've scanned it and am trying to figure out
how to get
> Adobe to make it into a pdf that I can post on the site. Any
advice?

> In a message dated 12/3/2004 10:53:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

> There are 6 messages in this issue.
>
> Topics in this digest:
>
>       1. etc
>            From: "dfsavgny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>       2. RE: etc
>            From: "Tyler, Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>       3. Re: Digest Number 1071
>            From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       4. Re: [AsburyParkGLH] Where your tax dollar goes?
>            From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       5. Re: Re:Parking lot Joke Price
>            From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       6. Re: Spending your tax dollars?
>            From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

___

___

> Message: 1
>    Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:11:20 -0000
>    From: "dfsavgny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: etc
>

> Mark, thanks for clearing up your two identities. But I am still
> unclear about this and other sales to APartners. I assume they
part
> of the agreement? Does the agreement say that it is based on the
> market value when the transaction is done or was the price set
> before?
>
> As to someone's comment about condemned owners getting market
value,
> well, that's the struggle and what I do. It also got me thinking
> about how I would handle it. The appraisal of the beachfront
several
> years ago would have been a problem when there was no action and
> everything was unsure. However, I think one needs to think outside
> the box, which was a lot of appraisers (if they even had one) do
not
> do. While we're all supposed to be unbiased, one can always find
one
> to reach the client's perspective. That is not all bad because
there
> is a range and working in litigation I always tell my clients that
> it is my job to tell them when I reach the end of the plank they
try
> to make me walk. An unsupportable appraisal is no good to anyone.
> imagine that valuing the land in AP several years ago would be
like
> my experience in Times Square during the first takings in 1990.
The
> area was blighted. But as I maintained there, and as I see in AP,
> while the blight may have emanated originally from sources other
> than potential condemnation, for many years the specific market
were
> not permitted to revive under normal thriving market forces
because
> of the potential condemnation that arose and hung like a sword
over
> the areas for many years. In fact, there are a great many
parallels
> in my view between Times Square and AP. It is my understanding
that
> the original plan many years ago also included some condemnation?
At
> least I understand that the waterfront was cleared and the rights
> given to a developer who failed and ultimately the rights well
held
> up in court for over a decade. No prudent investor would try to
make
> a deal under these circumstances. People do not buy into
> condemnation or litigation, except at extremely discounted prices.
> Thus, if appraisals were done, the appraiser should have seen this
> and lookd to other areas with similar attributes (beach, etc.) but
> that were not adversely affected. To many this would seem a
stretch
> to go out of a community, but in AP's case, at least years ago,
that
> is what would need to be done to give a fair valuation. Hey make
> some noise, I'll be the valuation expert for the group, I shoot
> bigger birds than these everyday.

___

___

> Message: 2
>    Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:25:14 -0500
>    From: "Tyler, Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: etc
>
> Dan:  It's hard to follow.  Some of the issues the present council
had came
> with the Carabetta agreement which was more or less purchased by
APartners.
> I don't think that has any bearing on the subsequent transfers,
however.  I
> believe that among the many failings of the Council is the failure
to give
> us information to allow us to judge their performance.  However,
there can
> be no excuse for not appraising the properties before the
transfer.  It is a
> bargaining chip as values are rising.  I have heard of no
instance, not one,
> where the Council has placed any demand or bargained for
anything.  It
> borders on the absurd.

___

___

> Message: 3
>    Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:35:46 EST
>    From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Digest Number 1071
>
> In a message dated 11/29/2004 8:03:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>    Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:23:19 -0500
>    From: Joe D'Andrea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Digest Number 1070
>
> At 11:08 AM -0500 11/29/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >Joe -
> >Please feel free to tell these new shopowners to call into the
show and tell
> people who and where they are.
> >Best,
> >Maureen
>
> I don't have a show.
> Very funny!!
>
> Speak up - It's America!!
> Maureen Nevin
> Restore Radio 88.1FM - 4 Years on the Radio!!
> Asbury Park's Own Live Talk Show
> 601 Bangs Avenue
> Listen 8 - 10 PM Thursdays on 88.1FM or
> Listen Live or Later on the Web http://www.restoreradio.com/
> Call the show 732-775-0821
> Call me 732-774-0779 fax 502-0463
>

> [This message contained attachments]

___

___

> Message: 4
>    Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:27:01 EST
>    From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [AsburyParkGLH] Where your tax dollar goes?
>

> What you need to know when negotiating tax  abatements.
>

>                                             tax
rate
> %
> county
tax                              .530                          13.03%
> county health
tax                     .010                              .25%
> county open space
tax             .033                             .81%

>        sub-
total                           .057                         14.09%

> District school  tax
1.253                         30.79%

> Local municipal  tax                 2.243
55.12%

> Total 2004 General Tax Rate    4.069                     100.00%
> (per hundred of assessment)
>
> Tax assessor   office          City Of  Asbury Park     July
29,2004

> Would you offer 50% tax abatement? Ocean  front? Would you copy
the City of
> Long Branch Plan? Did Asbury Park  change city tax lawyers
recently? Was this
> lawyer sick or replaced?
>
> Something that offers taxpayers relief? Once condos reach a
certain  price,
> tax abatements are capped.
>
> Hint
>
> Local municipal  tax
2.243                          55.12%

> At 50% what happens to the other  5.12%     Somebody please
explain

> Is the developer is asking for adjustments for proprieties where
the
> buildings where torn down? Come to the council meetings. Ask
questions?

> Will the Hotel Gardner (total assessment value $431,800) be torn
down? Do
> you want to pay for this $17,531.00 tax  ratable lost.
>
> Do you know if Asbury Park will be fiscally solvent in  2005? Will
a revalue
> kick in? Taxes up?
>
> Come to the council meetings. Ask  questions?
>

> [This message contained attachments]

___

___

> Message: 5
>    Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 17:29:44 -0500
>    From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Re:Parking lot Joke Price
>
> greetings,(strip mall)
> can u please email details, I live in northern part of state and i
am
> interested in getting involved in ap. I just passed my real esate
exam. Thanks lots

___

___

> Message: 6
>    Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:33:33 EST
>    From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Spending your tax dollars?
>

> What you need to know when negotiating tax  abatements.
>

>                                             tax
rate
> %
> county
tax                              .530                          13.03%
> county health
tax                     .010                              .25%
> county open space
tax             .033                             .81%

>        sub-
total                           .057                         14.09%

> District school  tax
1.253                         30.79%

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM