On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:33:58 -0500
  "Tyler, Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Your point that our Council should have seen the problem
>coming some time
> ago is a good one.   Asburypark.net has posted a story
>indicating that the
> sale price may rise despite an advance payment of
>$400,000.  Does anyone
> know exactly what that is about?

The price could RISE or it could FALL... it's all in the
ordinance whereby both parties have agreed to a third
apraiser who's decision will be final. So hopefully the
third appraiser will strike a higher price. But they might
also strike a price that's lower then $400K and then, as
it regards a tax increase, we'll be in the same boat we'd
be in if the sale didn't happen before the end of 2004.
(there is some protection here in that if the final price
is less then $400K the city won't have to shell out any
cash, but rather will have to take a hit on future revenue
from "additional rent on the pavilion properties."
Convoluted? You bet!

~joe

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM