I guess you're asking Ben about my post on the tax abatement.  I promise to
track down and confirm the basics of the abatement.  I just want to be clear
that the worst thing about the abatement is the number of years it lasts.  A 16
year tax abatement is meant as a reward.  For example, building something the
City needs like a hospital.  Developers do not get 16 year tax abatements for
developments that are pure profit making endeavors.  The abatement is meant to
allow the developer to put money out before he gets it back.  None of these
developers will be around in 16 yearts.