Ah ha–it is the oil stupid.
Gary, why do you think Americans have so much difficulty
acknowledging the obvious?  Why in hell would we reelect a guy
so `oily' as to be unable to consider something as unremarkable as an
alternate energy source?

This guy, the `C' student, has so well served not just his oil
buddies but fulfilled bin Laden's wildest dreams; not only have we
achieved, with our characteristic `can do' abilities, the creation of
a veritable hot house for terrorist training, a political vacuum and
the disruption of significant oil supplies, but a terrific
opportunity for Iran to consolidate its growing threat by occupying
significant portions, if not all, of Iraq upon our inevitable
departure.

Why when we had a choice, did we not consider spending a portion of
these resources on sources of alternate energy?

Cause we lack the required imagination, intellectual capital and
labor, having grown fat and lazy living off the genius of others; we
prefer instead to read our former reviews as the shining light and
suffer the daily abuse of our failed marriage to big oil.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 1/18/05 3:11 PM, "Tyler, Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > At my age I avoid cheese but other than that I agree that the
purpose of the
> > Iraq invasion was to have a greater, permanent, presence in the
middle of Oil
> > Country.  Is it unanimous?
> >

> Well, if they didn¹t have anything America wanted I couldn¹t see us
doing a
> ³preventive attack² against them.  Lots of places around the world
have
> dictators; tons of places have horrible things going on.  The
difference is
> that Iraq has something we need...
>
> Imagine if all of the money that went into the Iraq War was used to
fund
> scientists to figure out how to many automobiles run on an
alternative
> energy source...  If we never needed oil, what would the Arab
nations do?