In a message dated 2/1/2005 12:03:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
the name harrys is already famous, and well known, so thats the reason behind why they woudlnt change it.
I preface the following comments with the fact that I am friends with John Dorrian and have been quite frank with him about how he has run his place.

I've lived in this area most of my life, my family has owned the Lighthouse Tavern in Ocean County for almost 25 years.  In my late teens and 20's I bartended/barbacked at my family's place, as well as Paul's (Belmar), Edgars (Manasquan), The Pool Bar at the Warren Hotel (Spring Lake)...  Given this experience, I would offer that Harry's name is not "famous" around here.  You want famous, "Kelly's" is famous.

Harry's reputation to date (and I have shared this openly with John) is for high priced drinks, high priced food, poor service, rude door people and poor management.  If anything, their name is "infamous."  I think they would do well to change the name and start fresh.  Just one 33-year-old's opinion.

Peace, Jim Keady