I don't think anyone will disgaree with you (hey wait a minute, its
AP forum) about where the feds have been. However, while I think the
development deal gives AP the short end of the stick, there may be
three possibilities:

there is no illegality involved

they couldn't get sufficient evidence,

or they are waiting to spring the trap.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "SkipDragon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Re: "I feel like he always goes against the prevailing view of the
> rest of the Council …always felt that he thinks his job is to be
> contrary - period."
>
> With the current council sleep walking in lockstep to The Fishman's
> every whim, Hamilton was a breath of fresh air and sanity.  Could
he
> have acted differently once he decided not to rubber stamp this
deal?
>  As to these charges, if they have their origins in 2001, just
where
> has the FBI been sleeping these past 4 years?  As I recall Weldon
and
> associates were grabbing money left and right, admitted guilt and
> remain at large.
>
> I also remember a storey making the rounds 2 years ago that The
> Fishman openly boasted when he was told Carabetta had a Connecticut
> judge in his pocket that he (Larry) had a few judges of his own.
> Wonder if anyone else knows the source of that tail?
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Tyler, Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Several years back you would not have been such a fan of
Hamilton.
> I feel
> > like he always goes against the prevailing view of the rest of
the
> Council.
> > Although he can make good arguments and much more so these
days.  I have
> > always felt that he thinks his job is to be contrary - period.
So,
> he'll
> > never really move anything forward.  Because, really, I think if
the
> Council
> > said they would vote with him on certain things, he would change
his
> > position.

continually
> > underway, even if nothing seems to be going on. It's one thing
> > have a difference of an opinion. It's another to take a position
for
> > something of value in exchange. In ain't worth a few, or many,
> > thousands of dollars. Do the right thing.
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "SkipDragon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > > TINTON FALLS -- In early morning raids, the FBI arrested three
> > mayors
> > > and eight other public officials from five different towns and
> > county
> > > government in Monmouth County this morning as part of a
bribery
> > sting
> > > conducted as part of a seven-year investigation into public
> > > corruption, a bureau special agent said today.
> > >
> > > The 11 are Hazlet Mayor Paul A. Coughlin, Keyport Mayor John
Merla,
> > > West Long Branch Mayor Paul Zambrano, West Long Branch
Councilman
> > > Joseph DeLisa, Neptune Deputy Mayor Richard Iadanza, Asbury
Park
> > > Deputy Mayor John Hamilton, former Keyport Councilman Robert
Hyer,
> > > Assistant County Road Supervisor Tom Broderick, Middletown
> > > Committeeman Raymond O'Grady, Neptune Director of Code and
> > > Construction Patsy Townsend and John McCurnan, the operations
> > manager
> > > in the county Division of Transportation.
> > >
> > > They were brought to the FBI offices on Shrewsbury Avenue in
Tinton
> > > Falls beginning at 4:30 a.m., Supervisory Special Agent Edward
J.
> > > Kahrer said. Each of the officials, brought in one-by-one with
> > hands
> > > cuffed behind their backs, were picked up on charges of
bribery
> > and
> > > kickbacks following "a covert activity,'' Kahrer said.
> > >
> > > Kahrer said the investigation into public corruption began
seven
> > years
> > > ago in Asbury Park. He described public corruption in Monmouth
> > County
> > > as "a pervasive problem.'' He also said
> > > there was an ongoing investigation in Marlboro.
> > >
> > > From the FBI office in Monmouth County, the 11 were to be
taken to
> > > Newark for an appearance before a U.S. District Court judge.
The
> > > formal charges against the officials were to be released at a
news
> > > conference at 12:30 p.m. at the U.S. Attorney's Office in
Newark.