Point taken.  I was not trying to say we shouldn't be critical and
ensure that the right things are done, and apologize if I came off
that way.

But I also bring some professional background and experience in
negotiating large deals.  I do think that anyone can pick apart the
individual details of any complex agreement, and often the
individual components taken by themselves seem both unfair and
downright stupid.  However, when they are viewed as give-and-takes
as part of a much larger agreement the context is quite different
and what may seem like a horrible deal at the micro-level may be
understandable at the macro.  My perception - and I recognize this
is just my perception - is that the individual details get
scrutinized without necessarily referencing back to their context as
part of the bigger agreement or the state of AP and conditions under
which they were negotiated at the time of the agreement.

Again - my perception - is that a good agreement implemented is
better than a perfect one that never is.  I do believe that if there
was a far better deal waiting in the wings at the time it would have
been taken.  I think there was lots of interest but also lots of
doubts here.  Just look at K-Hov pulling out.  Huge developer that
just got cold feet when it came time to pony up the dollars.
Perhaps if the board had the luxury of waiting some more a better
deal would have emerged.  But they didn't.  Someone mentioned
earlier that had the state taken AP over following a bankrupcy
things would have been better - that they would have auctioned off
the parcells, etc...  I just don't see how that is a better option.
And when has the state taken something over and made it better?  Is
Camden a better place since the state took greater control?

The board may not be perfect, and may not even be the right people
to take us beyond where we are now.  People here have made some very
valid comments about their experience level.  But I am still
extremely impressed with the progress this town has made - under
their leadership - in only four short years.  And for me, someone is
going to need to articulate not how bad a job they have done, but
why they can take the work that has been done to date and build even
greater momentum on the path we now find ourselves on.  Because the
worst thing that can happen at this point is to take two steps
backward at this very early stage.  We'll be staring at more C-8's,
and nobody wants that.