In the end we do not disagree. I have no aspirations to the council,
although would be willing to volunteer my expertise. Adversarial to
me means that we have separate interests, not enemies. While
separate, they may be joined in a common end, which is the
responsible development of the waterfront. Both sides have to live
up to the letter of the agreements. That really has not been done on
their side. I would suspect that a group of 10-20 citizens could
have mustered more positive action on the waterfront in the past
couple of years, certaly in terms of vendors. The council is nuts if
they give them exclusive rights again this year. Competition is the
best medicine for efficiency.