If access is completely denied, meaning from the sidewalk, then you
have a case for damages, not under eminent domain, but I assume as a
regular tort case. There is probably no compensable damages for
blocking or closing the street, unless it stops deliveries. The
state/city/etc can reroute a road and there is no guarantee the you
have traffic on the street. But deliveries is another thing.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Skip Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Leonard,
> I don't remember whether St. James Place's closure is part of the
> infamous Fishman land grab, it probably is, which would no doubt
doom
> your business.  However, even if it is you may have an action
against
> the city or more likely your landlord for the failure to provide
> notice.  You need to talk to a lawyer if you've not already done
so;
> who knows this, lack of legal notice, just might be one of those
> stupid little details that provides a clever lawyer an interesting
case.

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "cyberbuss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > 03/25/05
> >
> > For anyone interested, below is a copy of letter I sent to Mr.
Reidy.

> > Please forgive the amateur procedure but I am computer
illiterate.
> > HAPPY HOLIDAY.
> > #################
> >
> > 230 COOKMAN AVENUE CORPORATION
> > P.O. Box 9826
> > Trenton, New Jersey 08650
> >

> > March 28, 2005
> >

> > Mr. Reidy, City Manager
> > Asbury Park
> > One Municipal Plaza
> > Main Street
> > Asbury Park, New Jersey 07712
> >

> > RE: ROAD AND SIDEWALK BLOCK OF "ANYBODYS" 108 ST. JAMES PLACE;
BLOCK
> > 130, LOT 5; Feb. 22, 2005
> >

> > Dear Mr. Reidy:
> >
> > In my letter to you dated March 16, 2005, I described the
> > circumstances of the closure of St. James Place by the
redeveloper