---  "dfsavgny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry, but I am against in principle donating money to pay for what
> APartners is obligated to do.

It would be very inappopriate to "donate" money for the repair of
what are now private properties. Unless, of course you want to "give"
money to someone to help them out. Donating infers that a not-for-
profit or public service organization is the recipient.

The Con Hall, Cas, Pavilions, etc., WERE public property prior to
their sale to the Fishman. As such they were eligable for public
grants and funding through State and Federal programs. As City
Historian, I submitted several applications for preservation
assistance.

At this time all those buildings are privately owned and and I see
nothing in the documents that obligates Fishman to restore them
himself. They can be sold (flipped) to 3rd parties, which is most
likely why they are delaying any repairs.

As the residential parcels West of Ocean Ave are built out the
beachfront properties increase in value by association just through
market forces. Keep in mind that the Fishman, MDSAS et. al. are
speculators and not developers.

Werner