when I had a store on the BW in the early 80's  - I fed almost
everyone of them - and cloth them...I favorite was "danny" -
danny's "handicap" was that he at times would run up and down the
boardwalk flapping his arms - once he stopped - you could line 10
people up and have each one of them tell him your birthday and name.
come back next year - give him the name and a second or two -he give
you the birthday. He was, a walking datebook - presidents, events etc.
He made those last dreary days a bit more interesting. Now that I
think about it, there was also the "TAB" lady - always wanted a "tab" -
 the old soft drink...never had a dime - "i'll pay you tomorrow..."