--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Heather" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Also, that he said that the historic buildings need to be
restored,
> but doesn't say when-just that it will take years.

I hope I am wrong, but I believe that it will be some time, if ever,
that Asbury Partners will restore these buildings. It is time that
this city takes back the reins from Asbury Partners, since it is our
city and not theirs. If 3,164 condos are built and these buildings
remain, what have we gained? The question is not if what Asbury
Partners plans is better than what exists now, but if it is better
than what could be.

The first step is to elect a new council that will stand up to the
developer. The second is to see if this plan is even in fact legal,
since it is the cart before the horse. What I mean is that this city
allowed a memorandum of understanding, or a deal, to dictate land
use and violate a plan already in place. Rather than change the plan
and land use and then make a deal, it made the deal and changed to
land use accordingly. That might be a violation of county land use
laws.

In almost 4 years since the MOU and 3 years since the approval of
the plan, not one new ratable has been created. In fact, Asbury
Partners has an incentive to demolish rather than restore so it can
reduce its taxes. They are banking the land of AP for their own
vision, not ours.