"A great city is that which has the greatest man or woman,
If it be a few ragged huts, it is still the greatest city in the
whole world."
— Walt Whitman, Song of the Broad-Axe (1856)

I can't believe this remark is going unreported. If it had been
Bruno, Loffredo, or any of the white candidates, he would have been
called a racist on the spot, it would have been in today's APP, &
his resignation would have been demanded.

Doesn't the mayor realize he was elected by those people living in
huts, & when all's said & done, those people in the huts are going
to be the ones he has to live with when he stops being the mayor???