Angel,

Using this logic, the City should develop Bradley Park & Library
Square Park, and fill in the lakes & develop on them. These parks &
lakes all cost taxpayer money to operate, and the city sees no
financial benefit from them.

There are tangible benefits beyond bottom line cost to the
taxpayers. Have you ever been to Margate to see Lucy the Elephant?
The last time I went, I only spent $2 or $3 admission. But I also
spent money on parking, a beach pass, and lunch in one of the local
Margate restaurants. All told, it cost me about $100 to see a 65
foot tall wood & metal structure. $100 in a town I wouldn't even
bother to visit had it not had the guts to save & restore Lucy back
in the 70s from 25 years of neglect. $100 of outside money that the
locals didn't have to hit up each other to raise.

http://www.lucytheelephant.org/

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I don't think it should cost tax payers money, but if you don't
get grants
> to fund it.  It will cost tax payers in the long run.  Take  a
look at the
> preservations socities in Charleston, South Carolina and  Newport,
Rhode Island,
> they have good web sites.  Jimmy Bruno, said if  a building can be
saved, then
> save it. If it can't then tare it  down. How is that not caring?
Isn't it