I believe there are some people capable of discussion still.  In any event, I have set 4 votes and I know others who have set only 3.  So there is room to gain votes for a particular candidate or candidates.  Indeed, someone on the gay list made me aware of facts that made me do a flurry of investigation about one of my chosen candidates; and if I became aware of facts to support a conclusion that I was voting for the wrong guy - I would change my vote.  However, people who are voting because of emotional reasons like friendship are not and never were interested in really discussing candidate qualifications.
-----Original Message-----
From: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 12:30 PM
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [AsburyPark] Digest Number 1251

Another ad hominem.  But what the hell, I'll take the bait:

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes)."   -Walt Whitman

If that's too poetic for you, so be it.

At this point in the game, and it has deteriorated to a game on this list, these posts seem much like Crossfire on CNN: all heat and no light.  Same ol' broken record on both sides.  By now, minds are made up, and all we're left with is "one-upsmanships."  Nothing said here today is apt to change anyone's mind; so what's the point?

Bottom line I guess is as the Press said:  "While other candidates [and I have to admit some on this list] did a praiseworthy job spelling out Asbury Park's needs, none made strong enough cases for their election that would warrant unseating those who have served the city so well in the past."

And don't bother trashing the Press to me: I dislike the paper too; but I still find it interesting that all three local print media, left, right, and center) are nearly unanimous in their endorsements.

Mario