> I don't think I can stand 4 more years of the
> council standing by while Asbury Partners does what it wants. I
> really wish concerned citizens could have a serious heart to heart
> talk with the new council absent rethoric and such and really just
> get an answer, an honest answer. For instance, when will they stand
> firm and demand that our historic buildings be restored?

I've been persuing that course of action for the past 4 years. As an
appointed City official I was told my input was not wanted. As an
exiled City official I was told my input was not wanted. As a
taxpayer I was told my input was not wanted.

A small example; Bradley and Atlantic parks. I raised the issue of
damage to the turf and irrigation systems from allowing events in
those spaces. I spoke about utility mark outs before tent stakes are
driven, a bond/deposit being required for potential damages, oil and
petroleum leakage from vehicles, etc. What about rent to the City?

I appeared several times at Council meetings to receive nothing more
than blank stares. I finally said "If you just don't care about these
issues please tell me and I will drop the subject" The response,
blank stares. Today there is a carnival in Atlantic Park.

The only explaination I can find it that they just don't care, or
that they do not have the skill set needed to understand that one of
their tasks is to protect public assets. Given either of these
proposals is true, is it any wonder that our most valuable cultural
assets are allowed to crumble before our eyes.

Werner

PS: Actually they are not even OUR assets any more due to this
Council.