--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dan I think you may inadvertantly be assuming an extreme to my
> argument, when in fact it is Werner who is extreme here.  I don't
> mind a permit for a large scale operation like a carnival that
will
> charge money for things (so long as the approval process isn't
> burdensome). I don't think something like a planned series of
> infromal football games should have any government OK, period.
>
> It is Werner's postion on the other hand, that neither of those
> functions, the carnival or the football games, should be in the
park
> at all, whether there is bonding, permits, insurance, the pledge
of
> first borns, etc.

If I assumed wrong I am sorry, but I also don't Werner is saying
that with regard to al parks as well. I also believe that Bradley
should be a passive park. In some places there has to be limits
because we have to decide if we want it to look a certain way or not
and who is going to pay for the maintenance to keep it that way.
Overuse can and will damage a park. There is no reason why sport
fields cannot be provided for active use with certain parkland for
passive use. I am also not suggesting that an impromptu game of
frisbee or football requires permits, however, for league use, I
think that should be the case and I don't think that that is
uncommon, especially with regard to liability.