--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dan, we need those sending district kids back here to avoid the
> scenerio envisioned in your quote above.

Listen BB, I'm a straight white guy so according to TCN and others,
what do I know? Racism is pervasive and insidious, but heart to
heart, it is very tough for white folks living in a homogenous area
to send their kids to school in the "hood" as they see it. Your
solution is right, although very tough. However, that is why I take
great exception to Fishman's remarks and did so when first stated in
the NYT. The majority of the people who will consider AP are
urbanites. Many of them will not be afraid to send their kids to the
AP schools. They should be encouraged to do so, because it is proven
that that will make a difference, not that rich white kids are a
panacea or better than poorer minorities. It will always be up to
parent participation and activities for kids after school. BTW, you
played football at APHS, what position? I'm an old pulling guard
from what was once considered the Notre Dame of high schools. We
were #3 in the nation in 73-74. 16-0, not including exposition games
(we didn;t lose one either) on eof which was against Red Bank, which
was Dead Bank back then.