--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Did you miss the new boardwalk and condominiums being built at the
> beach?

No. The boardwalk was paid for by the city with credits against the
cost from the purchase of our waterfront buildings. I look at the
boardwalk very closely and see that we had the foresight to use 2 X 6
southern pine instead of a more lasting wood, as most boardwalks are,
including ours just south of CH. In fact, if you compare that section
with the yellow pine section, you will notice that the letter secton
built by Asbury Partners is splitting in most areas. The other secton
(ipe wood?) is not splitting and I suggest that we are going to have to
be replaing boards on the other section on a regular basis. Also, don't
you think it was great business practice to let Asbury partners build
it and allowing them NOT to put it out to bid? I don't think so, and
since our property sales were being charged off against it, who knows
what it really cost. If you wanted a boardwalk, you should bid it out,
then get the money from Asbury Partners whether you decide for them to
build it or someone else.

Aren't you glad you asked about the boardwalk?

As to Asbury Partner buildings condos on the beach or anywhere in AP
for that matter, if you can find any, I will marry Larry Fishman, and
remember, I am a straight white male. Asbury Partners is not building
condos, subdevelopers (insert real in place of sub) are. Larry is just
banking the land and turning a tidy profit.