so what type of wood or other material is the boardwalk made up of?

I'm a bit suspicious of the recycled plastic but that's me.  It doesn't feel or look as good (although no splinters!) and although yes it's better not to use up more trees(however we could use less trees for paper goods and let the occasional tree be used for boardwalks) ... i'm just not sure where the hype from the plastics industry ends and truth begins.

thanks.

Cathryn.