Deborah,

In ten years I see Asbury Park with three distinct parts.
(lol...Parka Asbura est omnis divisa in partes tres...Sister
Bernadette would be sooooo proud of me remembering that quotation).

The West Side will be made up of working class families. From Main
to Grand will be a bedroom community of young professionals. The
Oceanfront will be a pseudo-retirement village of multi-million
dollar condos. All three groups will have distinct personalities &
needs which the city will have difficulty addressing in a way
satisfactory to all.

I honestly do not see where a young family fits in here. I have 3
year old twins & a 3 month old. The only places that have been kid-
friendly to my family are "Wish You Were Here" & a certain
attorney's office who also happens to write a column for the Tri-
City News. At other places I have been told, upon entering, "Make
sure they don't touch anything" (which would have been a challenge
for 18 month olds in strollers anyways) to actually being refused
service at restaurants.

In the New York Times, the Master Developer stated that he didn't
want people with families in Asbury Park. I have obeyed his wishes,
and for the past 2 weekends I have spent my "boring suburban tourist
dollars" in Point Pleasant and Seven Presidents, with a trip to
Keansburg scheduled for Friday.

Hope that helps, and good luck with whatever you decide!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Deborah Sittig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hello, I've been lurking on your Yahoo group of over a year now.
>
> I've read both the good and the bad - the rants and the raves.
>
> I've been considering buying property in AP and even after a year
I'm still unsure. So, I am wondering....

> Where do you see the city in 10 years? Is it a good place for a
young family to spend summers at the shore? What is your vision of
how AP should be and how does it compare to what is actually
happening?