Dear Kathy:
I'm new to the group, so I'll reply by sending regrets that I'll be out of town
this weekend. I'm also working with the Blue Star Mothers, Inc., packing craft
kits this week for the a fair the president will be manning by herself. Blue
Star Mothers of America, Inc., was formed in 1942, during WWII, and they
displayed the Blue Star banners in their windows to show that someone in their
family is serving in the military. I may oppose the war, but I support our
troops. The kits will be sold for a dollar to raise money for lotion, baby
wipes, packaged snacks, etc. I'm really burning it at both ends because 20
years ago I joined the American Legion Auxiliary over in Neptune, where I
resided at the time. Frederick Dempsey Post 266, was chartered in Asbury Park
in 1922 by African-American Veterans of WWI, when Post 24 would not let Black
Veterans join. In Veterans Park on 5th Ave. is a plaque, showing that we were
here, until 1940, when Mrs. Austin of Neptune, gave her home to The American
Legion for $1.00, for their Post Home at 240 Drummond Ave., Neptune and they
had Boys Scout Troop 266 and Legion Baseball, as part of their Children and
Youth program. I was Unit President from 1994-96, Monmouth County President
from 1997-99 and I am now serving as La Petite Chapeau of the 8 and 40. The
American Legion was formed in 1919 in Paris, France and I am in contact with
Auxiliary Units worldwide. This weekend I am being installed as La Concierge,
(Sargeant at arms), in the Departementale de New Jersey at the Annual La
Marche, (State Convention) in Somerset County. I have served n the Board of
Adjustment from 1996-99 and the Wesley Lake commission back in 1996. I had to
resign due to a conflict in my meeting schedules, but I still receive the
newsletter. Next month, I'll be able to be of service, if you have need of me.
again, sorry, I can't be there with you. Best regards,
Sharon

Sharon Boone
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- "Kathy Ragauckas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
To those folks on the List who have offered help: The Center in AP,for folks
with HIV/AIDS needs your help next Sunday, July 17th. @ 2 pm at the
Methodist Church, corner of Grand and 1st Ave. We finish by 5-5:30 at the
latest.
We serve our monthly dinner to those affected by HIV/AIDS and their
families. If you cannot help with serving, how about a food donation? A
dessert item would be especially appreciated.
Please contact me privately for more info, volunteer help or donations.
Thank you.
Kathy Ragauckas
604 Fourth Ave.