--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Is there any chance of requiring the department heads to attend at
> least one if not both of the two meetings per month?

How many depts are we talking about Tom? Certainly they should attend
meetings which have issues that touch upon their respective
departments. More importantly, that's why the background of sensitive
issues or proposed ordinances should be posted in advance so citizens
can have time to formulate what questions to ask and receive the
answers before they are voted on. I am sure many of us belong to
organizations with adminstrative boards that vote on most changes. I
have never heard of any that do not distribute the proposed changes and
get feedback before voting on them. Why as citizens should we be
afforded less? While this may slow the process somewhat, it is
transparent. If transparency is your aim that's what you do. If it is
to push through ordinances, then you give simply give citizens 1 hour's
notice to trash through them before voting.