"Department heads should be requested to attend w/o pay. The
acknowledgment of their civic minded volunteerism would create pride
within City government and be greatly appreciated by the citizen's of
Asbury Park and other's worldwide who have an interest in the City."

And when pigs fly, peace is a universal condition and all mankind
(oops person kind) live in harmony, with each other and all species;
but in the meanwhile, ya gotta be kidding!  We're talking about civil
servants, bureaucrats; think about what you're asking here.  The
private sector can't get people to work w/o pay; do you really think
"civic minded department heads" are any different?  No matter how
great the idea, cause or generous the individual, it ain't gonna happen.