I think you flipped Maurreen - the surrounding towns are not racist.
Ocean Township Schools are more integrated then Asbury's. Wasn't that
way years ago.....we have more rental housing (and affordable if you
can use that term)then many communities in Monmouth County.

Guess what.

Kids learn from each other. Just as white kids have their little
groups, so do afro amercian kids - or other other mix you can imagine.

You should stop by my house one day and see what kids are hanging out
or going places. Here you have some kids with $ and some without (no
race correlation either) - just enjoying their day together.

One thing I do notice though, is the "border patrol".

Most exits out of asbury more often then not, have the surrounding
town's police conviently located out side the AP Border.

1. Main Street into Interlaken
2. Ocean Ave into Loch Arbor/Allenhurst
3. Asbury Ave into the AP Circle (Ocean Twp)
4. Wickapecko off 4th Ave (Ocean Twp)

Perhaps you should be looking at the number of registered sex
offenders that reside in AP.

Many people always look at the have and have-nots.