Double teamed by Keady and Kretzu! Unfair!

> No, I said three Asbury Park citizens I spoke with prior to the
>election said poor black people should just move to Neptune so we
>don't have to deal with their problems.

This is a paraphrase I am assuming. It isn't clear if this is
classism referring to "poor" as opposed to racism - two very
different things.

So, these guys apparantly are the voice, heart and soul of AP?  A
description of them is who we are?  I don't think so.

> << vague "victimology" scenarios below as something that could
happen,
> without actual complaints of them really happening, is racist
against  white
> people. That stuff isn't
> happening here. >>

> I am not saying these things ONLY happen in Asbury Park.  I'm
>acknowledging that these types of incidents happen around the
>country, and Asbury Park is not an exception.

Yes Asbury Park is an exception!!! Why must you assume bad things
about AP because you are so sure they are happening elsewhere?
That's as wrong as if I calculated:  There are some bad people
elsewhere, Leslie is a person, therefore Leslie is a bad person.
See the unfairness of assuming a fact against someone because they
belong to a larger class?  What's the word for that? Oh yea!
Prejudice!

> For example, you have said yourself that Asbury Park High School
>is a de facto segregated school where students get a poorer quality
>education than most other schools in Monmouth County. I agree.

The outside world created that.  It supports my point that the
racists are elsewhere, not here.

> It's very difficult to talk with you, Tommy, when you feel that
>any  critique of Asbury Park - however minor - is a personal slap
>in the face.

You will understand when you fully transition into a full Asbury
Parker.  If I made a negative, sweeping gerneralization about the
Kretzu family, as a member of the family, you would take it as
a "personal slap."  Not hard to understand. If you make a negative
sweeping generalization about Asbury Park, yes, those of us that
have a familial association with the City take it as a personal slap
in the face. Can't help it -it just happens. Not hard to understand.

It is my hope that someday, as a community leader in AP, you too
will have such a persoanl closeness with this City that you also
take it as a personal criticism when you hear a criticism of AP in
general.