Maureen,

My point is anyone could have bought them.  It was a very public
matter when the City tried selling the liens to MD Sass.  The
Connecticut judge stopped the sale because he wanted the
redevelopment rights sold too.  At that point anyone could have
intervened in the Bankruptcy case and made an offer to the Court to
buy the rights.

The reason no one else offered to buy them is, from that vantage
point, redeveloping AP did not appear very lucrative.  Only in
hindsight, now that AP Partners has it going, does it now appear to
have been a good investment. Hindsight is 20/20.

If you disagree, then tell me why no one else asked to buy the
rights?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Tom -
> The redevelopment rights didn't become available for sale, that I
know of,
> until the bankruptcy judge in Conn. freed them, at which time
Fishman and Co.
> bought them.
> Maureen
>
> In a message dated 8/2/2005 4:49:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com writes:
> Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:51:44 -0000
>    From: "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Digest Number 1368
>
> And Vince's offer to purchase the redevelopment rights was how
much?

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Tommy -
> > I checked with Vince to be sure of my facts.
> > He offered 100c on the dollar years before the Conn. deal went
> down, when the
> > taxes were about $3 million. He made the offer prior to Weldon's
> time and
> > then told Weldon when he came on, showing him all the documents.
> At that time, he
> > told Weldon that using the Jones Act, which allows for
discounting