>What a ridiculous question.

I wasn't trying to make a point with the question, JJ. Sorry! The
question was probative because I didn't know the answer.  That's all.

I will make one point now based upon your post though.  Assuming
your Liberty Bell scenario, where the Pony doesn't make a profit but
draws tourists to the town, who then will own and operate a business
that loses money for the purpose of bringing in tourists so others
can make money?  You, Mr. Rockefeller?

Also, considering Werner's post, wherein the new plan is concededly
residential and not for tourists (absolutely correct, and the point
most lost on people like Save Tillie, etc.), your concern for
attracting tourists is misplaced. Our concern is a year-round
economy supported by Monmouth County towns (a population larger and
wealthier than Boston).

The Pony can stay or go and it won't make a bit of difference to the
redevelopment of Asbury Park.

There I said it.  The Pony doesn't matter. Ok, please make a single
file line to beat me up.  Don't all pile on at once.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM