In a message dated 8/16/2005 6:27:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
<<What about Montego Bay, Key Largo and the Parrot...or Spanky's, or the
Pier or The BLue Dolphin and the Bottom of the Barrel or Tradewinds or
rorororororororor.>>

It is not a matter of life going on or not going on Oak.  My family has been
in the tavern business for 25 years.  Will life go on when my dad sells the
place and/or closes the doors?  Yes, of course.  But, my family's place does
not have the POTENTIAL to be a massive tourist draw for Waretown, NJ.

The Stone Pony, with its name, potential branding power, historic prevalence
in Springsteen mythology (perceived or earned, it doesn't matter, it
exists), make it a significant ASSET and one that should be capitalized on,
rather than discarded glibly as we redevelop our city.

We have two clear and exciting assets in Asbury Park that are not being
capitalized on in the least - our music history and our reputation as a
beachfront tourist destination.  I hope that in some ways I can begin to
alter this in my role as a member of the City Council and I welcome any
support and help in this regard.

Peace, JWK

Councilman Jim Keady
1 Municipal Plaza