Tommy sees the light
 "Elections don't tell us what the people want.  American elections
are meaningless. Let's not even have them."

At a boy; we knew you had it in you!  It's that idea thing and if you
go way back, pre TV, it and its companions, principle, honor, goodwill
towards your fellows and the broader clan of mankind you'll find a
surfeit of it.

American elections today have little to do with the will of the
people, but a great deal to do with dissuading the majority from
appearing, and tricking the gullible with pleas to the lowest common
denominator.

In a truly democratic system this virtual oligarchy of political power
would not survive; but through the joint efforts of two parties,
discourse is disemboweled, freedom is hobbled and will of the people
is safely ignored.

Both parties are guilty of this the only difference, the republicans
are true masters.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM