> To return to the vacation destination this place was in the 40's and
> 50's?  Forget it. It won't happen.

Just one question:  When Asbury Park still was doing well in the 60s and 70s
could you have ever imagined the success Point Pleasant would eventually
have as a boardwalk tourist attraction?  I know I never expected it.  To me,
their success can be almost directly attributed to the loss of Monmouth
County boardwalks like Asbury Park and Long Branch.

In my opinion, if you gave families a great boardwalk experience in Asbury
Park or Long Branch again they wouldn't drive the extra distance through
Shore traffic.  Just look at Keansburg.  It still does pretty well with its
local crowd even though Pt. Pleasant  and Seaside Heights are available.

The difference is that Asbury Park can attract tourists from all over the
world while Keansburg attracts within 10 miles.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM