--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Werner,
>
> If the idea of revisiting the plan even within the realm of
possibility?
> That's what I'm talking about.  I can't believe that the town
wouldn't at
> least want to review the situation again.  Sure things are
happening but
> they seem to be happening at a snail's pace and the damn skeleton
building
> is still very much there as a symbol of continued failure.

Lighty, There are three paths to consider at this point.

The first being to trust the elected officials, join the bandwagon,
sing along that "it's better than it was" and be a team player.
Waiting to see how and if this all comes to fruition.

The second is to accept that a deal was made and construction started
but weed out all the missed commitments and non-performance, and hold
the City and developer accountable for what the public was promised.

The third is to challange the plan and redeveloper agreement as
having violated the "public trust" in terms of process and mis-
managing the best interests of the City.

I think that a combination of 2 and 3 would be very effective to
effectuate some positive changes in the direction of this
redevelopment.

The primary goal, as see it, would be to make some substantial zoning
and land use changes in key areas to better use and diversify the
economic potential that the beachfront offers for the entire City.

Werner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM