--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, traderdube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
...>
> You seem to forget that prior to the
> Weldon led takeover, no one but no one was willing to invest
> a dime in the waterfront.

My memory of quite good and that is just not true. In just the year
or two BW (before Weldon) the following were making plays for
redevelopment rights:

Windstar Financial Services Inc., Renaissance Development Co., Sitar
Realty, Berman Development Co,. The Applied Cos., Roseland
Properties, Lorterdan Properties, Westminster Realty, the State and a
rumour of M. Jackson being interested again.

> Is the deal with Asbury Partners a bad one, YES, a
> resounding yes, but it is better than no deal and 20 more years
> of poverty and decay. Should the taxpayers of Asbury Park hold
> the council responsible and force them to do their jobs and
> rectify what has been done, another resounding yes.

Sounds like you support my proposed otion #2.

> However, anything that can curtail or end what has started
> would be disastrous. Can you imagine having 3 C8's darkening
> Asbury's waterfront. Let them get these 3 projects done,

This line of thinking plays right into the lie that questioning
anything will stop everything. The City is again being held hostage,
by mass psychology.

> Of your 3 choices I will take a pass until further notice.

You have made a choice, appears to me - following option #1, and
supporting #2.

Werner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM