--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
...werent you
> the one who commented on the west ocean grove square?
> that it was built too far back from the street,
> causing it to not match the surrounding downtown area?
>  meaning, the rest of mainstreet.
...   they
> could have built kinglsy far away from the street, but
> they didnt.  which is good, beasue it will match the
> rest of cookman.

The design context of a Main street and that of the waterfront in
Asbury Park are quite different. What's good for one may not be good
for the other. The beauty, look and feel of the beachfront is
directly related to the apprpriate use of open space.

Set backs from property lines, green buffer zones, view corridors,
widths of streets and other built variables have a great effect on
the value of the area. Building of every available square foot
devalues the very design and beauty that gives our beachfront its
character.

I don't understand what you're refering regarding the relation
between Kingsley and Cookman. I was speaking about the new
construction north of the BC Hotel.

Werner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM