--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Greg S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I can not believe that there is an Engineer or Insurance
> professional that would let that superstructure be built on.
> It has been in the salt air for 20(?) years.

The only things relevent are: has corrosion thinned the steel below
the load bearing spec, and can below spec areas be repaired/replaced.

> The floors are crumbling and collapsing every day.

There are no floors, only the corrogated sheets that the floors would
have been poured on. They have mostly rusted away and will be
replaced. Then the floors will be poured.

> I am sure there is going to be a request to change the plan,
> we should say no.

What change are you anticipating to say no to? There are two options,
complete it as designed. Or, raze it and build to the new controls.

> It doesn't take a lot of vision to understand that the
> "structure" is of no value (beside scrap).

To the contrary, the building as is, represents millions of dollars
invested in clearance, foundations, superstructure, etc. It makes
sense to use it if technically/financially feasable.

Werner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM