Whatever your protestations to the contrary may be, Steve, your words
(and bizarre use of them) speak volumes about who you are and what
you are about. As soon as you say that the 'gentrification' of Asbury
Park is a Jewish plot, you have crossed the line, in terms of both
bigotry and credibility. The ethnicity of the redevelopers has
nothing to do with whatever their actions or inactions are. That the
Fishmen are Jewish has no more bearing on the redevelopment any more
than Joseph Carabetta's presumed Catholicism did during his day.

Additionally, your declaration that Israel has no right to exist -
which is something of a red herring throughout this whole discussion,
anyway - further proves what you're all about. Read Dr. King's words
about the subject if you need any more.

We went head to head about this before. I don't want a repeat of that
nasty argument from several years back. But let's just say that this
city does not need a demagogue running around to its poor people
telling them that it's "the Jews" that want to take their homes away.
That sort of thinking sent many a store up in flames during Asbury's
volatile years, and we don't need to see that again.

And for the record, I represent none of the elements involved in the
city's government or redevelopment. I'm speaking for myself, for my
people, for common decency, and against bigotry such as yours.

~Heshy

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM