Little Bo Peep, you must be lost with your flock. This is an Asbury
Park group not a Long Branch group. Please re-direct your post to
the proper group from now on..... <:~}

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The Broadway ARTS LLC Group hopes to revitalize  the Broadway
corridor.  I
> have been reading so much about this with  very little said about
what's really
> happening.
>
> None of the current owners are being allowed to participate in
this plan  and
> the plan will allow the use of eminent domain, if we do not bow
down to the
> powers behind it.
>
> In a time when the entire Country is screaming out against eminent
domain
> abuse, we here in Long Branch keep getting plan after plan all of
which at it's
> core is the grabbing of land from current owners to give to
politically
> affiliated friends of the Long Branch Administration.
>
> Mayor Adam Schneider has received the political support of both
the Katz  and
> Pereira families for years now.  Mayor Schneider's law offices are
in a
> building owned by one of Larry Katz's LLC's or property
management  companies.
> One may jokingly say; "They are as thick as  thieves."  Only with
the lower
> Broadway plan it's not a funny  expression!
>
> As a current owner of property in the targeted area I felt that
the stories
> left far too much out to be ignored.  First of all two accounts
said that
> Broadway Arts LLC, the developer is Representing a group of long-
time  business
> owners on the block.
>
> When in fact Siperstien's owner Larry Katz and his son Todd are
the only
> business operators at property on the block in the 2 party
group.    None of the
> other property owners presently on the  two blocks are permitted
to be
> included.
>
> As a matter of fact all of them who approached Todd Katz were sent
away  with
> no hope to participate. He wants to buy us all out for very
little.   Most
> are tired of his arrogant attitude and none of us cares about how
close or
> beholding the Mayor is to him and his father.  Nor do we care how
many appointed
> official positions he has served in at the bequest of the  Mayor.
All we are
> getting is a forced appraisal and in a short  time a 2 week notice
to sell or
> loose our land through eminent  domain. Just like the MTOTSA home
owners.

>  The City's appraiser, Hugh McGuire is the very same guy who
appraised  the
> ocean front which included Mr. Bruce Mac Cloud's Cooper avenue
home.   That
> appraisal was for $140,000.00, when Mr. Mac Cloud's appraiser came
in at  over
> $600,000.00.  So how confident can we, the commercial property
owners  be with
> what is coming.
>
> A good look at lower Broadway does indicate it needs some tender
loving
> care, no one disputes this.  Frankly the buildings that need most
of the  work
> have been used as storage and warehouses as well as industrial
purposes are all
> owned by Mr. Katz.  It's obvious to us who have been  property
owners for
> decades here, feel Mr. Katz served himself by only using his
properties as
> storage and warehouses.  One could easily conclude that he  kept
downtown in need of
> revitalization.
>
> However every property owner who has brought plans to renovate
their
> buildings to the City were turned away, because apparently this
deal between  Mayor
> Schneider and political supporters Katz & Pereira families has
been in  the
> smoke filled back rooms of political nonsense for as far back as
5  years.

> The plan stinks, for it is excluding the present property owners
and
> stealing away their tenants into his proposed west bank of Lower
Broadway.

> Besides one of the two buildings Broadway Arts LLC wants to donate
to the
> City is the old Clem Sommers Building.  Guess what, neither Katz
nor The
> Pereira's own that building.  How do you offer in a development
proposal  property
> to a City that you don't even own?
>
> Further more what does the City need with two buildings.
Operating  theatres
> is not a good idea for Municipal Governments.  Almost every
theatre company
> in New Jersey operates at a loss.  All of them are  subsidized as
much as 50%
> of their annual budgets.  Do the tax payers of  the City of Long
Branch need
> this additional tax burden?  I think  not!
>
> Lower Broadway does not need Katz.  He wants to close his business
on  Lower
> Broadway and move into the Evicted Bowling Alley he bought across
from
> Monmouth Race Track on Joline Avenue, that's fine.  To expect to
use  in his exit
> plan his political clout with Mayor Schneider to evoke eminent
domain so he
> could take away all the commercial properties owned by us is
extremely corrupt.

> Leave us in Peace and build a bowling alley where your paint store
is now,
> you owe the City at least that much seeing as you eliminated the
only
> recreational indoor facility in town with your relocation ideas.
You have  plenty of
> property here so why not add a skating rink as well.  That's what
you should
> do Mr Katz build a recreation facility where your buildings are
on  lower
> Broadway so the children can have a safe place to spend free  time
bowling,
> skating and enjoying movies with their families all good  clean
American fun.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM