Title: Re: [AsburyPark] Please... give me a break
Further more what does the City need with two buildings.? Operating theatres is not a good idea for Municipal Governments.? Almost every theatre company in New Jersey operates at a loss.? All of them are subsidized as much as 50% of their annual budgets.? Do the tax payers of the City of Long Branch need this additional tax burden?? I think not!

Gee, I wonder what the NYC economy would be like without the theatre district bringing thousands of people to the restaurants, hotels and stores all year long?  Theatre is subsidized because it’s an investment in the area.   Without “burdens” like this, towns die.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS