On 10/3/05 4:49 PM, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Or why do we subsidize the airline industry?
>
> Because they don't have a big enough commercial draw to sustain
> themselves.

I don't understand.  Why is that okay?  People do not HAVE to fly.  By
subsidizing the industry and rescuing them time and time from bankruptcy
courts, aren't we basically saying that we NEED to fly?  When there are
obviously alternative methods of transportation.

Do conservatives complain about this? Just wondering, I really don't know
whether they do or not; however, it would seem to be a perfect case of
wasteful spending.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM