"Roads are government owned, Skip.  That isn't a private subsidy."

Roads, fuel and automobile manufacturers are subsidized initially to
develop that industry, today habitually because the risk of not doing
so is the loss of too many votes for either of the oligopolist parties
to risk.

The same mindset exists for any industry able to lobby either party
with the message "to lose us is to risk the safety or wellbeing of the
nation"; since politicians are jacks-of-all-trades and masters of
none, and know that to curry favor with the powerful is to provide for
their autumn years, the game plays on.

American commerce is riddled with subsidy, privilege and special
interest, and the bigger you are the more certain this is.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM