On 10/3/05 7:47 PM, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Great point. However there seems to be empirical evidence that
> training a kid in math and science will have a far better impact on
> the world than training him to urinate on a crucifix and calling it
> art.

And with that you forget about the 99% of art that doesn't involve that as
all.  The worst thing Giulini ever did was promote that exhibit.  If he
hadn't said anything, it most likely would have been shut down quickly due
to lack of interest.

And by the way, there are plenty of studies of how introducing kids to art
and music dramatically helps them in school.

But spending money is spending money.  Just be consistent.  Why shouldn't a
school have to grovel for corporate sponsorship too?  Maybe Asbury Park High
School should be renamed Coke Presents Asbury Park High School and we can
all save a LOT of money.  After all, another place we can agree on is that
education is where the vast majority of our tax dollars flow.

And vouchers won't solve that problem either.  It's still going to take our
tax dollars...

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM