--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> If saying what he said wasn't bashing America, what exactly would
> qualify as bashing America?

Many things I assume, but I would have to judge each individually. But
short of saying all Americans suck, or that this is a terrible country
to live in, I don't think much. I certainly have not heard any bashing
on this forum. What makes you the arbiter of whether someone's
criticisms of aspects of our society or culture are unpatriotic or
anti-American? I saying that American society as a whole is obsessed
with youth and the supericial appearance of it unpatriotic? I think
Gary's observation that our society looks for the lowest common
denominator in entertainment is valid, how else can you explain the
popularity of Paris Hilton and some of the crap we watch? God help
this country when we can't criticize ourselves with being considered
unpatriotic, whatever that means.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM