Geez, All I did was post some statistics, why the backlash?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Don't worry Werner, I'm done posting for a while
> Maybe in the future we need to include the words "Asbury Park" to
> get past the Werner filter, but the truth is that the town is in
> a major rebuilding period
> See ya all in a few months...

Lighty, You're the one who brought up the 'non-relevent-topics"
issue, I just posted the data you seemed to be interested in.

There is no "Werner Filter". Where did that come from? To the
contrary your posts are much appreciated since folk pay no mind to
what I have to say any more. I'm all for others picking up the ball
to improve AP.

Don't go, keep at it, I have for the past 20+ years !!

 --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK Werner I get the message.  You always post this when I'm in the
> lead.
> If you are more comfortable with a board where everyone
> agrees you can have it.  Seems to me issues are investigated better
> with an advocate for both sides, but clearly you prefer a back
> slapping party where everyone reinforces the other by telling them
> how right they are.
> It's your board, so you I know you are free to make the rules.
> Hardly a nod to diversity though.

> I thought as the guy in charge here you would have cautioned him at
> least once. Instead by your posts as below, you subtly encourage me
> not to post because I disagree with some of your politics.

Now this is getting really bizzare. This is not my board, I am not in
charge, I do not make any rules. I'm somewhat flattered that you, and
Lighty, think I wield all that power.

You both need to keep at it, I'm getting tired after 20+ years !

> I always enjoy you at council meetings Werner and I'm happy to
> admit there have been days when your tedious study of what is
> happening in AP brought matters to my attention that I didn't
> know were happening, the ugly lights on the boardwalk being just
> one of them.
> The role of "gadfly" is a respected and honored postion since
> Socrates was the first be one, and you do it better than anyone
> I've ever seen.  I hope you never stop.

Well now, Thank You, I get very few thanks for my efforts and
appreciate your acknowledgement.

Why does posting some statistics result is this bizzare line of
assumptions regarding my role in and use of this forum, and my
motives for sharing facts?

Someone was interested so I provided the data, big deal.

Werner
City Historian in Exile
(not the owner, moderator or filter of this group)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM