--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>Werner,

As I said last night, show me the documents that GAVE, or RESERVED,
the rights to the public on PRIVATE property. It is you who may be
misinformed. I clearly own FEE title to every square inch within my
50 X 150 lot. IF, and for the moment I will assume that it is
correct, that the City has some rights IN, or OVER my property (and
I am talking about ACTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS as distinct from the usual
powers of government, i.e., zoning, taxation, police powers &
escheat)any abridgement or encroachment of additional rights is
confiscatory. Thus, we must see from what document the City has a
right-of-way over our PRIVATE property and what are the limits of
its rights on OUR PRIVATE property.

In fact, until the documents granting the rights to the public are
examined, these rights may not even be enforceable, but I assume
they are, however, I doubt they entail what you suggest, or that
they could be upheld in court if they do. You should be aware that
even deed restrictions that purportedly "run with the land" have
over the years been held by the courts to be unenforceable. For
instance, a common restriction was not to have a tannery or produce
alcohol on a premises. Those restrictions have been thrown out by
the courts and that is why those type of things are controlled by
other laws and regulations, for instance zoning. Even zoning, et al,
can go too far and be considered a taking. I am not saying that the
City does not have a valid right-of-way (I doubt it is a right of
way through front lawns and more likley an easement) over PRIVATE
property, I only take issue with your ridiculous premise that it is
not PRIVATE property. It is PRIVATE property over/in which the
PUBLIC has SOME rights.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM