You are one 100% correct!

Michael W. Brim
321 Sunset Avenue, Unit 5F
Asbury Park NJ 07712-5550
C: 732-996-8160

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM

--- Begin Message --- At last night's Council Meeting the topic of controling what is built
on public property was discussed. I must say that I never imagined
that it would create such a flurry of debate. The things folks were
saying were loaded with misinformation and misinterpretation of the
facts.

The issue is very basic: Should property owners be allowed to build
or conduct business on City owned property? I can't believe that some
people who spoke think that private property owners have a right to
do what the want with City property adjacent to theirs.

At greatest issue is the construction of fences and walls on what is
City property in front of a persons home/business. Clearly no one has
a right to build on property that is not theirs. The entire standard
of property lines, surveys, deeds, etc may as well be thrown out the
window if one can build where ever they want.

Yet the majority of commentary revolved around the misperception that
the City was taking away some inherent right. What we see in AP as
fences, walls, etc are built outside of a property owners lot line,
is simply the lack of enfocement over the years.

I hope the everyone comes to realize that contolling public property
is one one of the missions of City government and that allowing
private property owners to take/use city property for their own
purposes is a "Bad Idea"

Werner

--- End Message ---