> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Term limits are an even worse idea.  I don't like any law that
takes
> > away my right to vote for who I want.
> >
> There are laws already in place that limit who you can vote for. Are
> there not laws limiting who can be a candidate or what they must do
> be a candidate? Term limits are just that, one more form of
limitation.
> You just don;t like that law, not laws in general that limit who you
> can vote for.

I disagree.  You are referring to who can be on a ballot, which is
different than who can be a candidate.  There are candidates out there
who aren't on the ballot, and anyone can take office if they win the
vote, be they on the ballot or not (write ins).  Term limits by
contrast disqualify one from taking office even if they receive the
most votes, so that limits me from fully using my right to vote.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM