>From Kate Mellina's column in the Coaster (August 23, 2001):

http://tinyurl.com/dhmcr

"The hard facts about Convention Hall are these: The city is taking
a financial beating on the building, where utilities alone cost
$150,000 a year. Like most facilities of its type, it was built to
attract out-of-town visitors who would then support neighboring
businesses and hotels. It was never intended to be a money maker,
and it is now considered too small for many modern conventions and
events."

With Convention Hall's standard user fee of $10,000 + 20% of sales,
it only takes 8 Moscow Circus performances or 3 Bruce shows to hit
that overhead. Also keep in mind, the city never had the benefit of
alcohol sales in Convention Hall. Fishman does. Beware of a wealthy
man crying poverty.

Larry Fishman knew "it was never intended to be a money maker" and
knew EXACTLY what he was getting when he put his autograph on the
deed. He chose to take the deal. Now he should honor his part of the
contract.

DEFAULT NOW!!!!