Title: "Quesdays" Program a Hit with GLBT Community

www.jsqspot.org/5C3A22F0.jpg
Jim Nappi, a local Asbury Park attorney, opens the first Quesdays program to an overflow crowd.

Asbury Park - Over 60 people, some from as far away as Scotch Plains and Newark, packed Asbury Park's TAKA Japanese Restaurant on the evening of Tuesday, January 24, 2006, for the inaugural Quesdays program sponsored by the jersey shore Q spot.
The jersey shore Q spot is a program of the Jersey Shore Community Center Project (the Project), a New Jersey nonprofit corporation established to foster the health, well being and pride of individuals, groups and families within Monmouth and Ocean Counties' gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) communities. "The Quesdays program is our regular series of workshops, seminars and panel discussions meant to engage, educate and inform the GLBT community about various topics that are of particular interest to us," said Joe D'Andrea, the program's organizer and the secretary of the Project's Board of Trustees.
On Tuesday evening Stephen J. Hyland, an attorney from Princeton, and Tamlyn Wilbourne, a financial planner from Red Bank, discussed legal and financial planning issues for GLBT couples and domestic partners. "By four o'clock Tuesday afternoon 20 people had pre-registered on our website," said D'Andrea. "We were very happily surprised when over 60 people showed up."
"And the attendees were both men and women representing couples from every age bracket," added Jim Nappi, Asbury Park attorney and Project vice chair who moderated the program. "Responses like this convince us that our work to establish the Q spot is well worth the effort."
Refreshments were generously donated by TAKA, Be Green and Asbury Park Roastery, all of Asbury Park, and Knockout Graphics, also of Asbury Park, provided graphics and printing services.
D'Andrea indicated that future programs include a February 7th presentation by local psychiatrist and author, Martin Kantor, who will discuss his recent book, Together Forever: The Gay Man's Guide to Lifelong Love, and a March 14th update on HIV Prevention and Outreach that will be moderated by Project chair and nurse practitioner, MaryAnn Vitiello, and include presentations by local HIV counselors, Dennis Rivera, Frank Englebert and Kelvin Roman. "We're hoping to eventually offer three Quesdays programs a month," said D'Andrea.

The Q spot's web site is here: http://www.jsqspot.org/

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS